Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pregnancy

If you know me well, you know that I have never wanted to be pregnant. I always knew that it would be a terrible experience and I would be sick and miserable. I used to say that pregnancy was unnatural and that I wanted a stork to bring my children or to pick them from a cabbage patch. Turns out I was very wrong and pregnancy isn't that bad!

I've been super lucky and had an extremely easy pregnancy with no sickness or really any problems. The worst part was that I couldn't be as active as I once was and that I had to quit playing soccer. I love running and was really worried that I would have to quit running early on. My doctor told me that I could continue as long as I felt good and did not have any problems. Needless to say I continued running, and running, and running. I'm due today and was able to run 5.5 miles this morning! I run much slower now and miss that feeling that I just had a great, hard run, but am so happy that I have been able to continue running. I think that being active has really helped me to have such an easy pregnancy.

Kevin and I decided that pregnancy has actually made me less moody too! As much as I hate to admit it, I may have been born to be pregnant. While it hasn't been my favorite thing in the world, and I won't be sad when it's over, it really wasn't a bad experience and far surpassed all of my expectations. Now I just hope that labor isn't nearly as bad as I imagine it will be! Stay tuned for that experience, hopefully soon as we are ready to meet Miss Clara...

Here are some pictures that Kevin took of me at 39.5 weeks in the blossoming orchards. He's rediscovering his love of photography and will surely practice on Clarita!

















No comments:

Post a Comment