Monday, April 29, 2013

Daddy Day and a Fiesta!

Clara once again had a busy week (that seems to be the norm around here). On Monday I had a dentist appointment. I wasn't so sure about taking her with me as I had no idea how long it would take. I really didn't want her to start screaming in the middle of my teeth cleaning so Kevin came home from work at 1:00 to hang out with the little snugglepuff. Clarita happened to sleep most of the morning so I wasn't sure how her afternoon was going to go...turns out she did not want to sleep at all! Kevin said that she slept once for 18 minutes the entire four hours that I was gone! He played with her, read to her, and fed her but she was wide awake or fussy the entire time. Kevin finally resorted to putting her in the carrier while he made lemon bread for our weekly dinner with Tio Russell and Tia Laurie. Clara fell asleep while he was mixing the batter, but woke up screaming as soon as I got home and she heard my voice. Now he understands why I don't get a lot done most days!
This is what I came home to
That night, Tio Russell held Clara for the first time! He has been refusing to hold her since she was born because he was "sick". He magically developed a cough every time we mentioned holding Clarita. Laurie finally put her in his arms and he did not protest. I think he secretly wanted to hold his birthday twin but didn't want to admit it! Clara loved it!

This is his scared face

Tia Laurie had the magic touch to put her to sleep
On Saturday Clarita went to her first fiesta! Kevin's cousin Ashley's fiance Yayo (wow that's a lot of names) turned 30 and had a full on fiesta complete with the loudest Mariachi band I've ever heard! Kevin, Clara, and I had been in Fresno running errands all day and Clara had slept almost the entire time. That made us a little nervous about how she was going to behave at the fiesta. My mom, Laurie, our friend Megan, and I have season tickets to the plays put on at the local theatre and Saturday just happened to be our night so I had to leave for a couple of hours which made Kevin even more nervous. I assured him that there would be plenty of people to hold Clarita, including two of his aunts, in my absence. Turns out I was right and Kevin didn't have to do much at all. The loud music did not bother Clara (although she may be deaf now) and she fell asleep right away! Kevin said that she spent the rest of the night happy or sleeping and being passed from person to person (he failed to take any pictures). His aunts fed her and Kevin changed her, put her in her jammies, and she fell right to sleep around 10:00 just like normal. When I got back she was all wrapped up sleeping in her car seat! She didn't wake up at all, even when we strapped her in to leave and took her out when we got home. I actually had to wake her up at 4:00 AM to feed her! What a good little sleeper, just like her mommy!

Mariachi! I failed to get the ten speakers in the picture...

Ashley and Yayo tearing up the dance floor

Connor and Clara (and Denae and Tia Laurie)

This is what Clarita looked like when I got back

Shots!
Clara continues to be a really good baby. We had one rough day last week but then I started wearing her in the carrier or Moby Wrap for most of the day and that makes her happy, and I still have my hands free to do stuff. She's turning into a real baby now and has grown out of the newborn stage...my how time flies!

Kevin and all his babies

I think she's trying to nurse

She likes to hug her monkey
She tries to lay down in the bath now and her hair gets curly when wet

5 weeks old with Baza! (I think he would have stayed there had I not set her on his tail...)






No comments:

Post a Comment