Wednesday, September 11, 2013

First Solid Food - Aguacate

On September 4, 2013, we decided to give Clarita solid food to see how she liked it. She had been really interested in our food for at least a month, always trying to grab it and put it in her mouth, so we figured it was time. I did not want to start with rice cereal because I feel like it is fake and processed so I decided on avocado since it's easy to mash up and not a lot of people are allergic to it (plus we love it). I mashed it up and added breast milk and fed the little Wiggle.


I was expecting some great faces involving her sticking her tongue out and not being sure if she liked it or not. Clara surprised me by sucking away at the spoon full of avocado (I think all her practice playing with her spoon helped!). She appeared to really like it and started whimpering when I stopped feeding her! She ate a good portion and didn't even make too much of a mess! It was quite funny watching her expressions and how much she concentrated on eating! Clara's first solid food experience was definitely a success!






No comments:

Post a Comment