Friday, November 8, 2013

Clara's First Haircut

If you've seen Clarita lately you know that she was rockin' a pretty impressive baby mullet! It was getting out of control and her bangs were in her eyes (and really just a point down her nose) so I decided it was time for a hair cut. Kevin was opposed to the idea because "she's a girl she needs to have long hair". I assured him that she would still have long hair, it would just be more even and cuter. I also told him that he would have to answer to Clara when she looked back at her baby pictures and asked, "Why did you let me have a mullet?!"


Before (look at that pointy bang)

This does not do her mullet justice

Party in the back!

I considered cutting Clara's hair myself and then quickly realized that would most likely turn into a disaster since I can't cut hair and she never stops moving. So yesterday we headed to the beauty salon. Our friend Bri was already chopping my hair so we brought Clara along for a cut. Bri did a great job of cutting Clarita's hair even as she wiggled around trying to see everything. Clarita even got to wear a big cape which at least kept her hands from grabbing everything. She kept moving but somehow Bri managed to cut her hair (and get it pretty even!).


Getting a haircut is so much fun!

Clarita now has some cute little bangs and no more baby mullet! I have a nice short hairstyle that will be super easy to take care of and more difficult for Clara to pull!

Bangs! Such a big girl!

Showing off her new clapping skill

The party's over...

No comments:

Post a Comment