Friday, April 24, 2015

Una Semana Sin Dada

Last week Dada went to Holland for work. Fun for him, sad for us. I'm usually the one that travels for work, but only for a couple of days at a time (and never to any place very exciting) while Dada and Clarita have fiestas so it was my first time being with her solo since she was a couple of months old. Don't get me wrong, Dada works a ton and often gets home late, leaves early, or goes back to work at night so it's like he's gone, but I can still count on him helping to do something or at least talk to him/vent.

Clara seemed like she was coming down with a cold the Sunday before Dada left which made me nervous about our week. However, like always she didn't really seem sick aside form a little cough and runny nose so that made me happy! Monday Clarita spent the entire day with los Abuelos while I worked and went to baby yoga. I picked her up around 7:30 and we got home at 8:00 just in time to get ready for bed and have some snuggles.

Already misses Dada




Los Abuelos couldn't watch Clarita on Thursday so I changed my schedule around and  on Tuesday I stayed home and watched Bailey and Clara. We had a great time playing, going to the park and library, and taking naps! Both girls were great and they really entertain each other! The hour that Clara was asleep and Bay Leaf was awake was the most difficult time of the day. Without Clarita to entertain her, Bailey just wanted me to hold her and cried if I put her down. Once Clara was up she was content to do anything as long as she could see her. And Clarita really loves Bailey and is so helpful and good with her. My favorite moment was when Clara ran off and came back with a burp cloth saying, "Uh oh you drool Bay Leaf. I clean it up!" She proceeded to clean the drool up and then but the burp cloth under Bailey's chin to catch any further drool. Unfortunately, Clara also decided that she should copy Bailey and spit out all her milk saying, "I spit up!" That girl! I delivered Bailey home and enjoyed a nice dinner with los Tios!










Making brownies


Tia horsey

Wednesday Clarita went to Los Tios with Aba and Bailey. I miraculously got us both ready and out the door on time! She had a great day and when I got home we spent the evening playing outside (after she ate five and a half chicken nuggets and most of my salad!). We walked all over and she was tired by the time we got home.



"Clara have pocket"

Pan and monedas!



Thursday, Aba came over and she and Clarita spent the day playing. That night we went to dinner at the McClarty's and Clarita got to play with Reedcito and Kierito. She was beyond excited as Reedcito is one of her favorite friends. Clara refused to eat the great dinner other than a few bites of sweet potato fries, avocado, and tomato and instead ate her body weight in raisins and threw a tantrum when I said she couldn't have anymore. She loved the boys'  kitchen, tent, and playing with Sarah too. The next day she told me, "I like Sarah." It was a great night and the McClartys were so sweet to help take care of us while Dada was gone!

Clarita and Reedcito





On Friday morning Clarita got to Face Time with Dada for the first time since he left. She was really excited about it as it was better than simply watching videos he sent her! I generally get home early on Fridays and get to spend my afternoon with the girls. I got there right as they were waking up from naps and we played outside for a long time. Clarita insisted on walking all around the neighborhood and Bailey was content to be carried around and watch Clara. I hope Baby Emmett is as easy going as she is! That evening we walked all over again and finally headed inside once it got dark. I thought for sure Clara would be out in a flash but she rolled around in her bed singing and signing to herself until I went upstairs and talked to her. I thought that meant that she would sleep in on Saturday...

"I take picture for Mikaela"

"I eat Mama's salad"



...But she woke up at 6:30 ready to go. Since I normally run in the mornings while Clara is asleep and obviously couldn't do this if nobody was home to watch her, I got desperate and decided to run with the stroller. Even though we have an awesome stroller, I have never really liked running with the stroller. Running is my time to relax and zone out and I can't do that while pushing a stroller. That being said, it wasn't too bad and we happened to go downtown and I realized that it was the annual car show that Clara has gone to every year! Kate and I had planned to do something so she and Sophie joined us for a trip to the car show. We had a great time looking at all the old cars and the girls decided they liked a purple car the best. They also got to paint a Pinewood Derby which brought me back to my childhood when we all participated in the Pinewood Derby Boy Scout races (Grandpa Bill always made crazy aerodynamic cars and won). Around lunch time Clara became a tantrum monster and we headed home. We bought some kettlecorn along the way and she loved it and I had to hide it later because that's all she wanted to eat. Clara and Sophie had a blast playing and Sophie was very sad when they had to leave and even asked Kate if Clara could come live with them! Kate and I had a great time hanging out too! Clarita and I enjoyed the rest of our Saturday and I even relaxed and watched a movie while she took a nap (something I rarely do). It was a great decision and we spent the evening playing outside and walking around the neighborhood. Clara once again had difficulty going to sleep and finally went to sleep around 9:30 when I went up and re-tucked her in. I think she missed Dada.


Eating the chocolate off the granola bar




Making good use of my fat belly!

mmm duraznos

smoothie and kettlecorn!

Buenas noches!


Sunday was our last day win Dada and Clarita woke up super early around 6:00! Luckily she was content to stay in her crib and roll around while I slept some more. We went to church and then lunch with my family. Clarita was exceptionally bratty and whined/threw little tantrums all morning when she didn't get her way. She was pretty excited by the bag of clothes Tio Robert and Tia Erika got for Baby Emmett and especially loved the stuffed monkey. She was willing to give him up and said that he would go with Emmett's things, not Clara's but that she could play with him. Emmett, on the other hand, is not allowed to play with Clara's stuffed animals (we'll have to work on that). She took a three and a half hour nap so I even got to finish painting the dresser for her big girl room! After an early dinner we headed to the store and I told her that if she was good we could get ice cream (aka frozen yogurt). She was exceptionally good and we walked to the frozen yogurt place where we ran into some friends and spent some time hanging out with them. Clara loved playing with their daughter Grace who is a year older than her. It was pretty late when we got home so she took a quick bath and we headed upstairs to get ready for bed. Dada got home earlier than expected so I kept Clarita up until he got home a little before 9:00. She was pretty excited to see him and read some books with him. She fell asleep right away and slept the entire night which leads me to believe that I was correct in assuming that she wasn't sleeping well because Dada was gone. We survived out semana sin Dada and had a lot of fun, but are very glad that he's home and things are back to "normal" (whatever that means).

Ready for church

Helping with PowerPoint

Frozen yogurt!

"Mittens"

Reunited!


No comments:

Post a Comment