Friday, September 18, 2020

March Fun 2020 (Post Shelter In Place)

The second half of March was absolute chaos! At first Tia and I had the plan that we could take turns watching the kids, that quickly changed as things got worse and by the end of the month we weren't spending time with anyone. Even though we were essential, I shut down my office and had everyone work at home just to be safe. Trying to figure out how to keep the criminally insane safe in the community without actual face to face contact or any of the services we are required to provide was challenging to say the least. I felt like every time I made a plan it had to be changed the next day. The kids were at home but at first we didn't receive anything for them to do so I just printed out a bunch of worksheets. It at least kept them busy so I could get some work done. Dada still had to go to work every day so that meant I was solo with the kids all day. Needless to say, it was not an ideal situation.



Essential goods

It was all very surreal as we watched grocery stores run out of everything, only saw grandparents through the window, and didn't go anywhere. We went from being crazy busy to being isolated. The kids missed their primos, grandparents, and friends, and I missed other adults! I spent my days in leggings with a bun drinking chai lattes to keep me sane!








Pre COVID

Post COVID


The kids did get to spend a few days with Tia and the girls before we went into isolation. They had fun catching lizards, playing with primos, getting filthy, and even getting some school done! 

















Our days generally consisted of doing worksheets in the morning followed by some type of exercise (yoga, trampoline, riding bikes/scooters). They watched French DVDs, did crafts, and Clara read to Emmett. Clarita made sure Emmett still got to be VIP and we even planted some plants. There was a lot of dressing up and being silly, virtual piano and violin classes, and chalk messages to our neighbors. It was all still new and scary and exciting so the kids handled it pretty well. Clara got to start Zoom school twice a week for an hour each time at the very end of March and I've never seen anyone so excited to see her class and teacher!






























No comments:

Post a Comment