Sunday, January 24, 2021

Lo Que Dice Clarita Primavera/Verano 2020

Clarita is my little sassy pants. She has a comeback for everything and is always thinking of an exception to the rule. Her vocabulary continues to grow, especially as she reads more and more. It's impossible to get anything by Clara and she understands more than we ever guess because she's always listening and paying attention. I'm pretty sure she's either training to be an activist or a lawyer...


“Dada’s booty and penis are on fire because of his undies!” (He has a red and orange Speedo on)


“Because he had fire panties on and I didn’t want to get on fire.” (Talking about why she refused to take a photo with Dada in his speedo after a water polo game.)

(Talking about Yoda) “He was older than Great Grandpa Bill!”


“What about two finity? The twos never stop.”



Clara: “It’s the gross hot chocolate.” Me: “It’s not gross.” Clara: “Then maybe my taste buds aren’t working.”



Me: “I need a glass of wine!” Clara: “You can’t have wine, that’s sugar!” (It was during Lent when I give up sugar)



Clara: “Baza [the cat] keeps sneezing. I hope he doesn’t have coronavirus.” Me: “Maybe he just has allergies.” Clara: “I hope he’s not allergic to people!”


“It says day of the dead, why doesn’t it say día de los muertos?” (while watching something about Dia de los muertos)



Emmett: “This feels cozy!” Clara: “No it doesn’t. This feels stressy! (to me) Now I know how you feel!”


“Help us gather asteroids, make yourself useful!” (they were collecting rocks)


“You wanna know the sad thing? I don’t want our cats to die, but I want a kitten. And it’s gonna take ages for them to die.”


“Can I get my shotter so I can shot them?” (talking about giving shots to people)


“I wish that when I was older and had a baby a kitten would come out!”


“I might get spaceship sick.” (Talking about going to space on SpaceX)


Emmett: “Clara doesn’t even know how pretty she is.” Clara: “I know how pretty I am, I’ve seen myself in the mirror.” (no self esteem problems here)


“I wish I had pilot fish to pick out the meat in my teeth.”


I was explaining what a hermit was and I started by saying it was a person who lived alone. Clara said, “Oh, like Aba!”


Talking about who may move into the house across the street and if they would have kids and she said, “What if it’s just humans?” (meaning adults)


Clara came running when I started a webinar. After a couple of minutes she said, “This isn’t for Black Lives Matter so I’m not interested.” I think we have a little activist!


“Do we have pictures of her? Were there even cameras when she was alive?” (Talking about pictures of her great grandma.)


Watching TV and the character was going to donate his cat shirts to charity because people made fun of him. Clara yells, “Donate them to me!”


Dad: "Clara, hurry up." Clara: "Dad, it’s not like an alien ship is going to crash into the earth and the earth is going to explode and I only have a few seconds to do something that I really want to do."


"Are you almost done brushing my hair? It sounds like bones are crushing."

No comments:

Post a Comment