Sunday, January 24, 2021

Lo Que Dice Emmett Primavera/Verano 2020

Emmett continues to be the class clown. He'll do anything to get a laugh. His eyes are so expressive and add to his silliness. He swears he doesn't understand Spanish every time I talk to him, but then does whatever I ask him and still says a lot of words in Spanish. Emmett still refers to vegetables as salads and I hope he never stops! He still can't say all of his sounds correctly and I continue to underestimate how smart he is because he sounds so little. His vocabulary is very good and when he uses words not typical of a five-year-old, I remember that just because he can't pronounce everything correctly doesn't mean he doesn't understand everything. 



“I wish coronavirus wasn’t real!” (I think we all feel the same buddy)



“Can you get me a pillow mattress?” (He wanted a cushion for a chair.)



“I don’t have any privates, only girls do. It’s where they go pee pee.”



“On your market, get setty, go!”


“Look at my shirt, it’s on backwards up!” (It was upside down)



Dada: “If you get ready quickly, you can see a surprise. But it’s not to keep.” Emmett: “Is it an orange? Or crocodiles?” (Other guesses included elephants and t-rexs. After he saw the box of kittens someone had left on our porch, he said he liked them but still wanted a crocodile!)



“I just wanna see, I don’t have that kind of patience because I’m not a grown up!”


Talking about using his napkin “I’m just gonna use it to erase all the stuff off my hands.”


“I got eight spits out of my cherries!”



“OMG dang it!” (followed by smacking himself in the face)


(As he pretends to put highlighter on the kitten’s lips)”Here’s some lips for you!”


(Looking at his poop in the toilet) "There’s a tiny Emmett poop, a medium Mama poop, and a big Dada poop. Sorry Clara, there’s no sister poop."



“I need to plug my phone up.” (Plug it in)


“My head is too big for everything!” (While putting sweater on)


“We don’t have to be nice, it’s not Mother’s Day.” (when I told him to be nice to me)


(Almost crying) “My rhino and my hippo are both girls.” Me: “How do you know?” Emmett: “Because they don’t have any penises.”


“Why did you get a bigger piece (of pizza) than Dada? Oh it’s because you’re mas chanchita (more of a pig)!”



“You mean in the 1924? She’s probably going to say we weren’t alive in the 1924. Dinosaurs were alive in the 19!”


(Talking about how it had been a year since Grandpa Bill died) “Was it summertime…in New York City?”


“Bella Creamberry” (Instead of Bella Creamery)


“Oh that’s where the lake goes, to Bailey and Elise’s house!” Me: “Lake?” Emmett: “Ok pond.” Me: “Ditch?” Emmett: “Fine, I’ll call it a ditch.” (It was a ditch)


“I wish I could have a baby rabbit come out of my tummy.”


“I don’t want any ringtails.” (Talking about onion rings)


“If you want, you can carry my hand.” (That's how you would say it in Spanish)


“I’m not fat, but I’m not as skinny as Clara. Mama, I think you are as skinny as her.” Dada: “What about me?” Emmett: “Yeah! You’re fat!”


Emmett (listening to Sean Paul): “What language is this? Is it Spanish?” Dada: “It’s English.” Emmett: “It doesn’t sound like English.”


(After Emmett had to poop in the woods) “Oh Dada, animals poop on the ground. I’m going to tell Mama what you made me do.”


(Surrounded by a group of girls) “Whoever wants to see my penis, they can!”


“Bailey, fireworks are fire and hot water!”


(Clara and Bailey were arguing about who was Clara’s best friend and Clara said, “I’m talking about friends, not cousins!”) Emmett: “I’m talking about junior high!”


“I might be the funniest boy in the world, I am pretty funny!”


“Where’s the veal?” (He meant viola)


(To Clara when she was wearing her dance costume) “That’s not a lot of covering.” Clara: “It’s more than I would have if I was Ariel!” Emmett: “But not more than Jasmine!”


“I’m just inside outing my undies!” ( they were inside out and he was fixing them)


“Namaste, amen!”


“Do you want to hear me kiss happy birthday?” (He proceeded to kiss to the tune of happy birthday)


Emmett: “What’s ensalada (salad)?” Dada: “You know what ensalada is.” Emmett: “Yucky!”


“It’s boys’ jobs to put their hands under girls’ dresses.” (I think we're in trouble with this one)


Clara: “Emmett, do you look guapecito (handsome)?” Emmett: “ I look...like a chicken with the face of a monkey!”


“Why did you get salad (veggie) pizza? It’s national pepperoni pizza day, not national salad pizza day!”

No comments:

Post a Comment