Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Big Times Are Back

It's one of my favorite times of year...fair time! I love the fair and when I went with my work earlier in the week, I became super excited to take Clarita because I knew that there were so many things she would love. Turns out I was right! Last year we took her and while she enjoyed the people and bustle, she was too young to really appreciate the fair. This year she was better able to understand what was going on and what she was seeing.

She insisted on taking a picture with the giant pumpkins


Practicing her lassoing


The animals were, of course, a big hit. She mooed, oinked, and baaed away while pointing at the different animals. She liked the kid's area in the animal exhibits where she got to sit on a saddle and play in a corn pit!





There was a discovery zone (which made me sad to realize how unlucky we are to have lost the awesome kid's museum in Fresno years ago) complete with giant bubbles, lightening balls, and a crazy spinning tunnel. Clara loved the bubbles and insisted on trying to make them herself. She was not strong enough to life the giant metal wand, but got very upset when I tried to help her...such a stubborn girl. She really liked the tunnel and did not seem phased by the fact that it was spinning and created a dizzying effect. She also liked the lightening balls and insisted on touching both of them and watching the lights.





It just so happened that Snoop Dogg was playing at the fair the night we went. The concert area is in the middle of the exhibits and you can hear the music all over the fair. Clara loved the music and danced away (it was very child friendly as are all Snoop Dogg songs). She got to practice her dancing like a gangsta and I think it greatly improved!



I was not expecting Clara to be as enthralled with the rides as she was. I had high hopes of taking her on her first ride, but alas there were no little kid rides. She was mesmerized by all of the lights on the rides as well as the rides that went upside down and spun in circles. When the roller coaster that just went in complete circles over and over again stopped she said and signed "mas mas!" We knew we had a little daredevil on our hands, but I think she already wants to ride roller coasters!



Clarita got to try some different fair foods. She ate garlic fries (she opted to finish her peanut butter and jelly sandwich after a few), fried cheese curds (a big hit, I mean who doesn't love fried food?), and of course cinnamon roll (the best ones around). She is already dreaming of what she'll get to eat next year when she has more than four teeth!

mmm cinnamon roll!

It was a great night and Clara was exhausted by the time we left at 9:15. She fell asleep the second we drove off and didn't even wake up when I put her to bed. We love the fair!


No comments:

Post a Comment