Friday, May 12, 2017

Skiing

We had a super awesome winter this year with tons of snow. That meant we got to go skiing/snowboarding a lot! We managed to get Emmett up there once (it was a total disaster as he is way too young for skis and just cried) and Clarita up there four times and the last couple of times we even took her on the lift (I was super nervous about this). She did great on the lift and by the fourth time didn't even need it slowed down anymore. I, on the other hand, did terrible when I went with her on the lift and terrified of her going in front of me (much like a little kid did to me when I broke my wrist) I ended up freaking out, falling, and almost getting hit in the head by the lift. Clara just skied off while I lay in the snow! Dada and Fafa took Clara up by themselves a couple of times and one of the times put her in ski school with Lyla and Cooper. She started out with a private lesson from Lyla and Cooper's dad, Billy. Then she had a couple of group lessons with them. She cried at first, but then did great. She's definitely improved and will let go of Dada on the steeper parts now and ski by herself (I may have bribed her with juice at first). She's working on learning to turn and paying attention so she doesn't crash. Clara really seems to enjoy skiing and requests to go back out after snacks and lunch. She's already planning on teaching Emmett and Bailey how to ski next year!




















With Lyla during their lesson


Snacks and juice = best part of skiing

On the lift with Dada



No comments:

Post a Comment