Friday, March 7, 2014

Blossoms and Runs

Laurie and I have run in the Blossom Trail Run in Sanger for the past four years (Kevin has run it a few times too). We really only do it so we can go to Blossom Trail Cafe afterward and eat a yummy breakfast (think cinnamon roll french toast). Since I ran it once with a cast, and when I was eight and a half months pregnant, I had to run it this year too. I didn't really want to push the stroller since it would slow me down, so Tia Laurie volunteered to push Clarita in her first race! Dada and Tio Chino are training for a half marathon so they ran from our house to the race (about 14 miles)! Dada got there in time to see Clara finish but unfortunately did not have a camera to document it.

I ran the 10K and Tia Laurie ran the 2 miler. I was playing with Clara before the race and didn't notice that my race was starting. Tia Laurie said, "I think your race just started!" so I had to run past everyone to the back and got a late start. That will teach me to pay attention.



Tia Laurie said that Clara loved her first race (technically she ran it last year too, just in my belly)! She squealed and waved to all the people. Tia Laurie also mentioned how awesome it was running with a stroller because people cheer for you a lot more! Clarita's favorite part of the race may have been petting a little dog after the race. She kept signing "dog" and I held her hand and she walked over to the dog quickly became friends with the dog's owner and petted him while squealing happily! She then fell over while we were walking back to the stroller and cut her forehead...luckily her sadness was short lived. I predict a lot more races in Clara's future!



That afternoon, Kevin and I took Clara out to the orchards around his parents' house to take some pictures with the blossoms. Nothing about this impromptu photo shoot was opportune. Clara had only taken a 45 minute nap in the car earlier, it was sprinkling, and it was muddy. We decided to try anyway since the blossoms are on their way out and it was our only free day. Luckily Clara thought it was pretty fun. Especially once we borrowed a little chair from Bubbles. Clara would not sit in the chair but she thought it was really fun to stand in front of it and touch the screws. She cried each time we took her away from the chair to move it! The little Wiggle really loved standing in front of the chair clapping and yelling!






Petting Mick was her favorite part!














After the photo shoot we headed to Tia Alyssa and Tio Rene's to hang out for awhile. At this point Clarita was way overdue for her second nap but Tristan and Teagan distracted her enough that she made it until 5:00 running on fumes. At that point she started crying whenever Teagan would take a toy from her or she saw a remote that she couldn't have. Luckily a short nap on the way home was enough to make her happy again!


No comments:

Post a Comment