Friday, June 3, 2016

Swedish Festival

Two weeks ago was Kingsburg's annual Swedish Festival. This is one of our favorite weekends and we started it out with the Swedish Smorgasbord Friday night. Clara loved the sausage and lingonberry jam (which she ate with a spoon). Emmett loved being outside! Saturday morning we headed out early for the Dala Trot. Dada ran the 10K, Tia and I ran the 2 miler, and Aba pushed Clara and Emmett in the 2 miler. I normally run the 10K, but am obsessed with winning more Dala horses so I decided to cheat and run the 2 miler which is not as competitive. Good thing I did since there was a woman running the 10K who had just run in the Olympic qualifiers for the marathon! 

Eating her jam with a spoon!

Ready to trot!

I had been sick a few days before the race and thought I was better...until I started running and realized that my stomach was not good at all. It was the most difficult race I have ever ran, but I managed to stay ahead of the girl (she was only 17) behind me. When we rounded the last curve and she started sprinting I wanted to cry, but I sprinted too and she backed off and let me get my horse! My time was much slower than the two other two mile races I have run, at a 12:54, but I'll take it! Clara was disappointed that Aba was going to push her as she wanted to run too. I thought two miles was a little long for her and told her she could run at the end. She was doing great holding Aba's hand until I told Aba to let her run alone. Clarita lost it when Aba let go of her hand and she had to be carried screaming across the finish line...oops. Emmett did great for his first race post uterus and smiled away! Dada ran much faster than he was expecting, and Tia did too! A bunch of our friends also ran the races, but the real hero was Sarah who managed to push Reedcito and Kierito in a giant double stroller for 6.2 miles!


Go Tia Go!

Finishing strong


Grapes!

Go Dada Go!

Emmett really wants a horse

Part of team HMC
Sarah's mom, Kierito, Sarah, and Reedcito

Tio ran 10 miles to get to the race
We all enjoyed the Swedish pancake breakfast after the race. Clara ate all of the sausage, Emmett scarfed down pancakes faster than I could tear them into pieces (he started grabbing the entire big pancakes and shoving them into his mouth) , and Bailey drank her body weight in milk! We headed home for a very short nap for Emmett and showers for us and then met Sarah and the boys downtown to watch the parade. Kieran was so cute and kept yelling, "Look Clara, I see something!" every time something new would pass. Clarita decided to brave the giant slide that she had seen the night before. First she went with Dada, then she went by herself and held hands with Dada who was next to her! It was a long day, but very fun!


The real reason we run, the pancakes!
Mikael and El Jefe



Sliding!



No comments:

Post a Comment