Sunday, August 21, 2016

#OmGees

My sweet cousin Katie and her fiance, Chris, got married on July 31, 2016. I wasn't sure about taking two kids to a wedding, but it turned out ok. As my cousin Jennifer and I decided, it would probably have been more fun without kids (especially little ones), but we still had fun. Clara was so excited about the wedding and had picked outfits for her and Bailey ages ago. She was excited to get dressed and actually sat quietly through most of the ceremony. The wedding was beautiful, but so so hot. The ceremony took place in a big room that had screens instead of walls. It was probably hotter than being outside and everyone was sweating. Emmett was at the worst age where he just wanted to walk around and refused to sit on anyone's lap. Bailey rolled around on the floor and then she and Emmett ate snacks we threw at them. I picked Bayleaf up at one point because she was running around crazy, and put her on my lap. Then Clara got jealous and insisted on sitting on my lap. I think we were all happy when the ceremony was over!

Waiting for the wedding to start



Zianne

Talitha

Those thighs!


Katie and Uncle Pat






Mr. and Mrs. Gee!
We took some pictures outside and then headed inside to glorious air conditioning! We enjoyed great food (a taco bar), but eating with Emmett was a little tricky since he just wanted to run around. At one point I saw Z and T sitting all by themselves and I was so impressed with how quietly T sat in her own chair for five minutes! Emmett would have been on the ground bleeding if I left him in his own chair for even a minute. Clara and Z colored and played together and it was fun to watch the second cousins. They are both so much like their mamas that it made me laugh!

Sisters with the same dress!

Licking the water off the soda can

Lemon flavored water or "juice" as she called it








Coloring with Z and Aunt Beth





This picture makes me laugh



After some yummy cupcakes we hit the dance floor and the kids had so much fun! Clara and Bailey danced away and it was so cute! The kids were all tired but remained happy. We sent Katie off in a tunnel of sparklers and Clara was so excited to have her own! It was a great wedding and so much fun! We all decided that Katie is the sweetest cousin (quite a feat out of 15 cousins!) and we wish her and Chris a zillion years of happiness!








He's always happy if he's eating



The little second cousins, Clara refused to be in the picture


1 comment:

  1. I think I spy Z being a jerk (aka crayon thief) in one picture... :)

    ReplyDelete