Friday, December 11, 2020

Fourth of July COVID Style

If I thought things were looking up in June, they started to become disappointing again in July. The fireworks in Kingsburg had been canceled, but the city decided to do them aerial only and nobody was allowed on campus. It worked out perfectly since we always watch them from our house. We planned to have our normal third of July party but a couple days before the governor issued a new order limiting gatherings. My first reaction was to say who cares, but I thought about it and decided that if I expect others to follow rules I should too. We sadly canceled our party and told people they could come just for the firework show if they wanted. Needless to say, most people did not want to drag their tired kids out at 9:00PM! Tíos still came over and we swam, ate pizza, and even did the slip 'n slide! Unfortunately Dada was dealing with a bunch of COVID stuff at work so he was on the phone much of the night. We still took our annual picture of the kids in front of our back door; there just weren't nearly as many kids (I probably jinxed it by getting a new screen door). The Toms' did come out for the fireworks and we did some sparklers and took a pic with them in front of the door too! 





















On the Fourth Emmett and I took much needed naps while Clara and Dada scooted to Bella Creamery for a snack! After naps we went to Tíos, ate swam, and watched Tío light off fireworks. Aba and Grandma Donna joined us for a socially distanced evening. Nothing was normal, but we still managed to have fun!
It's impossible to wake me up
when I'm napping!










No comments:

Post a Comment