Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Clara's First Race

On Tia's birthday we headed to Sanger for our annual Blossom Trail Run. This was Clara's first time running it and it was pretty funny. She did the 1/8 mile kids race and insisted that I hold her hand and run with her. I had Emmett strapped to me so it was quite a sight (he even got a medal). Clarita got 14th place and had a time of 1 minute 12 seconds. Now she has something to beat next year! She declared that she likes running at home, but not in races so we'll see what happens next year.






Emmett's first medal!

Clarita refused to wear her medal


What a mess!

Tia and I ran the two mile race and both met our goals. She ran the entire time without stopping (she hasn't been running much lately) and I got first place out of females. I really wanted the carved wooden tree that is the first prize so I cheated by running the less competitive 2 mile race since I knew that I wouldn't be able to win the 10K. I forgot my race number in Kevin's pocket and got a late start trying to get it on. My time was 12:41 and my goal is to beat the record time (for females) next year...Clara and I both have some practicing to do!





No comments:

Post a Comment