Monday, May 2, 2016

Emmett's First Haircut

I'm not very sentimental when it comes to baby hair and prefer to keep it nice and neat. Clara had three haircuts before she was one, and since Emmett's hair was getting a little shaggy I decided to give hair cutting a try! He's much calmer than Clara ever was so I figured it wouldn't be too difficult. Tia advised me against it and thought it would be disastrous. Turns out she was wrong! I put Emmett in Bailey's booster seat in his diaper and snipped away while he smiled and watched Dada and Tio take pictures. He tried to grab the scissors a couple of times, but actually sat pretty still for an eight month old!

Before






I may not have done the best job with Emmett's bangs, but everything else is pretty even and his hair spikes up again in the front like I wanted so I'll call it a success! I think his new haircut makes him look more like a boy and less like a baby which makes me a little sad. I see a lot more haircuts in our future as I can't just let Emmett's hair grow super long like I do with Clara's. Soon I'll be a baby hair cutting professional!


Our new 'dos!


No comments:

Post a Comment