Friday, November 17, 2017

Lo Que Dice Clarita Verano 2017

Clarita continues to talk up a storm. She's speaking more Spanish and also trying out new words she hears. If she hears a word in a book that she doesn't know she asks what it means and then starts using it. She is also really into spelling and is constantly asking how to spell words. One day she just started writing Emmett's name and she surprises me every day by writing and spelling new things. She also makes me crack up with her grammar and the things that she says like, "Mom you certainly know I would." And of course calling us Shannon and Kevin. Even Emmett has started saying "Kebin" because Clara says it so much. She's a pretty funny little girl! Now onto the funny sayings!

"Because that's how life goes Emmett. Things are alive and then you smash them and they're dead." In reference to his questions about what happened to a baby snail she squashed.


"Dada you need to stop drinking beer and juice and be healthy."


As I was trying to get her to hurry, "Wait, paciencia (patience)!"


"She is really bossy! I think she's even bossier than me!"


"Carrots are like little orange hot dogs!"

"He's a nice guy. He eats carrots!" (In reference to her t rex)




Shows me the back of a nickel " Mom this is Donald Trump's house."

"It's hard to be a teacher, I wish I was something else but it's too late."



"She had no shoes on, she's gonna have to wash her feet!"



"New kitty was a juguetona. She's not usually a juguetona maybe a petatona (making up her own word for a cat that likes to be petted)? Gatita is sometimes a dormitona, dormilonitona (dormilona =sleepy head)? Baza is a mama's boy and Spikey is a bored girl. I think maybe she's waiting for Dada to pet her or something."


While putting on super hero capes "I don't know why they all have a girl in their names. Thor Girl, Captain America Girl, Bat Girl!"

"When they speak alien it's crazy!" (Talking about Chinese on her language DVD)


"The only way to get your child to drink milk is Washington DC or Anna and Elsa cup." (The only cups she and Emmett would use that day.)


Dada: "Oh there was a murciƩlago (bat)!" Clara: "Oh I saw it. But how did they get here from Austin?" )Since we saw the bats in Austin last summer.



"Why is daddy saying weird words?" (he was telling her that her name meant clear)


(As I sing along to a beauty and the beast song sung by Belle) "Why are you singing Shannon? Did you forget you're Mrs. Potts? I'm Belle because I have a Belle dress. I wonder if they have a Mrs. Potts costume?"

"But it's Elise Akina, too late! The moms get to name the baby." (In reference to Russell saying he had wanted a different name.)


"Kevin what do you want to drink?" Dada: "Water." Clara: "You don't usually like water. Do you mean beer?"

Clara: "Bailey do you know what competition means? It means you're a girl!" Bailey: "No you're a girl!"



Dada: "Clarita, are you excited to play soccer?" Clara: "No." Dada: "What?" Clara: "Mama said yes, I said no." (She liked to tell everyone that I made her play soccer when she only wanted to do ballet.)

In Spanish we were talking about the two babies that she just had and I asked her if they both came out of her stomach at the same time to which she replied, " No de mi vagina!"



"This is my book for book club." Me: "Who's house is it at?" Clara: "Bailey's. Baby Suemoto and  Baby Hotdog have to stay at home with dada." Me: "You can bring babies to book club. Clara: "Well I'll bring baby Suemoto but not Baby Hotdog because he's a bother baby. He just bothers me all the time because he wants leche."

"Dada you're not supposed to look that way, you're driving! Look forward!"

"The kids that live where the hurricane is probably think it's a pool out there but the parents know it's not."



No comments:

Post a Comment