Saturday, January 13, 2018

November Fun

We started the month out with Kieran's fourth birthday party. He and Clara had a soccer game that morning where he scored a birthday goal. His party was glow in the dark soccer themed and the kids had a blast playing with soccer balls, bouncing in the bounce house, eating pizza, and playing with glow sticks. It was pretty cold and there were a few sprinkles, but it didn't seem to bother anyone! There were lots of glow sticks and light up soccer balls and sticks for favors. It was a great night celebrating a great kid!










The next day I ran a half marathon. I had run the Clovis version of the Two Cities Half Marathon last year and gotten second place. After doing some research I realized that the Fresno version is usually slower (and a lot more difficult) so I decided to run it with the goal of winning my first half. I planned to train super well, but of course didn't, and went into it not really confident. It was pretty windy, there were a few hills, and the 1:30 pacer did not show up. Luckily I had my new Garmin and managed to pace myself and beat the 18-year-old girl behind me (I got fifth overall)! I randomly had the exact time (1:29:35) as last year but I'll call it improvement since this course was more difficult. Luckily I didn't run the Clovis version because the winner beat my time by 10 minutes! Of course my loyal fans were there cheering me on! Clara now wants to run races and win medals and spent the afternoon running around the block!











The kids are in a music class and Tia managed to capture a great picture of them on Bailey's birthday!


We finally made it to a Fresno State game with the Toms! We had a great time tailgating and the kids had a great time playing! The game was great with a Fresno State win and the kids all did great despite missing naps.


When you forget the grates you have to make do...





First juice box








Nap time!

We had several birthday celebrations to celebrate our favorite Dada!





Eating all Tia's strawberries at Red Robin

Tia had to go back to work this month so Bailey and Elise started coming over again. We have about an hour before Aba gets there and I was a little worried that it would be crazy and none of us would be ready on time. It is really not bad because Elise is an angel baby who is adored by all. She is happy as can be and the kids congregate around her cooing and touching her. It's absolutely adorable!




The kids had a slumber party while Los Tios went to Tio's 20th high school reunion. (Elise did not spend the night because I am done getting up in the middle of the night with babies!)





We rounded out the month with a visit to the Discovery Center in Fresno. We had never been there before and invited Aba along to check it out. The kids had a ton of fun exploring and learning about a lot of different things. It was a little run down, but definitely fun for all ages and a great way to learn! Clara loved learning about Native Americans and how they lived and Emmett loved the "yellow thing" aka a space capsule replica. I think we'll definitely go back!

















No comments:

Post a Comment