Saturday, April 9, 2016

Lo Que Dice Clarita Invierno 2015/2016

This little girl is a jabberwocky! She never stops talking and now tries to reason with us to get her way. Some of her favorite phrases are "I'll do it in one minute" or "just a few more minutes." Or my personal favorite, "I'll do it when it gets dayer or nighter." She's starting to understand time, but still doesn't quite get it. One of her favorite things to say is, "In three months." This can be in reference to anything. For example I tell her that I will see her after work or I tell her that her birthday is in a month and she counters with, "No, in three months!" I also notice that she says a lot of the same things that I say to her for example, "Stop it!" when she doesn't like what I am doing (brushing her hair) or "Listen to me." She even says them in the same tone of voice I would use which never fails to make me laugh. She's quite the character! Clara likes to call us by our first names, but she doesn't do it to be obnoxious, I think she just does it because she hears everyone else call us Shannon and Kevin. She especially says it if she is talking about us. For example, "Shannon likes to eat avena mosh (oatmeal)" or "I did it at Kevin's parents' house." It's pretty funny to listen to!

Here's some funny things Clarita has said in the past few months:

During the children's message in church when asked to bow her head to pray she yelled (loudly enough for everyone to hear), "I don't like to pray."


One morning she got up and noticed that all of her toys had been put away. She exclaimed, "The gatos put my toys away!" (I wish)


I tried to show her the correct way to use scissors and she said, "No, only Tia can help me because she's a maestra (teacher)."



"Emmett's soaking wet. I'm gonna take him to the drier and throw him in."


Dada: Clara put pajamas on Baby Emmett. Clara: I cannot do it because I'm a sister and I'm little. Only big people can do it!

Who says the Exersaucer is for babies?

After Aba said she was going to read, "Aba you don't have books you have a Kindle."

Pretending to sleep

"Aba needs a minivan so she can drive all of us."


One day the Wiggle grabbed diaper cream and said, "This is for if my butt shocks!"

Playing with Jack
"I want Emmett's grumpy teether." (it is bumpy)


"I want to get Baby Emmett. I just love him!"


In reference to some new biking clothes Dada got, "Kevin got 2T and 3T."


"I like red and my favorite adulto (adult) is mama."

Taking a bath in los Abuelos sink

Me: "I'm always nice I'm never mean." Clara: "Yep sometimes you are mean."


While reading a book that references a car pool. "Mama do you drive in the piscina (pool) with your car?"


"Bailey's a princesa (princess) with a vestido (dress) and tights! I'm not a princesa, I'm normal." (In pajamas)


"Right here is my little tiny nipple" (points to her heel). Me: "That's your talon." Clara: "Yeah, in English it's nipple."

"I'm just doing what all the ladies do."

"Can I pump with my pezones (nipples)?" Holds pump up to her nipple, "I just pretend!"


Clara: "Does Aba have leche in her pezones?" Me: "No, not anymore because she doesn't have any babies to feed." Clara: "I think she does have some to feed her cats." Followed a couple days later by her chasing Baza around without a shirt yelling, " You want milk Baza?"

Nursing her baby

"This shirt is hardly big for a big sister." (In reference to her shirt Dada told her was too big.)


After peeing outside, "Now a tractor is gonna drive in my peepee!"


"I have hair on my arms and legs like dada and mama! But on my vagina" (points to it in case I don't know what she's talking about) shakes her head no.


We were talking about something we did a long time ago and Clara asks, "Was I in your stomach or huevo (egg) when you did that?"


Clara: "I want my sister." Me: "You don't have a sister." Clara: "Yeah I do. Bailey is my sister!" 


Me: "Don't put your finger in your nose." Clara: "Sorry Mama, that's just what kids do." (We hear this line a lot).


Clara: "That's what little kids do." Dada: "Little kids also take naps." Clara: "No your little kid doesn't."


"Bailey calls me Caca but I'm not a cracker."


"I jumped! I always jump when cars beep or start their engines."


Me: "Can you put the books in the bookshelf please?" Clara: "No I'm doing tummy time." (As she reads laying on her stomach)


No comments:

Post a Comment