Saturday, July 30, 2016

Emmett's First Birthday Splash Bash

Since we will be in Texas when Emmett turns one, we celebrated a little early with an underwater themed party. I have been insanely busy with work and although I promised myself I would actually take a lunch each day to run errands for his party I failed and ended up going in early and staying late instead. So not a whole lot of planning went into the party...I figured A) he's a boy and won't care and B) he's one and has no clue. Luckily Tia made some awesome chalkboards and a banner for him! Clara and I made "jellyfish" (aka Chinese lanterns with streamer tentacles) the day of the party while Emmett took a nap (somehow I didn't get a picture of those). Clarita was a super helper and also put together all of the favors (pails with beach balls, bath toys, and lollipops) and even carried a bunch outside! 




We had a nice laid back party. There was lots of swimming, and we had a slip 'n slide. I figure his birthdays will always revolve around water activities or indoor activities since it is so hot at the end of July! The slip 'n slide was a huge hit with the kids and it was hilarious to watch them. They all had different tactics.

Reedcito on his knees

Teegee on her hands and knees

Ryland's army crawl

Kierito kicking a ball

Tristan on his butt

Filling up buckets

Bailey running through

Emmett taking a stroll



Bailey and Autumn

The grill masters

We kept it simple and had chicken, hot dogs, salad, potato salad, fruit salad, and chips and goldfish for dinner. I got some delicious cupcakes from Bella Rose Bakery (seriously, they are to die for) and Clarita picked out a red velvet one for Emmett. Unfortunately Buggle was not in the best mood. I had to wake both him and Clarita up from their naps (Bayleaf refused to take a nap) and he was kind of fussy. He only wanted me to hold him and wouldn't even touch his cupcake or eat anything aside from goldfish. I think he may have been a little overheated. He was red and as soon as the soon went down and it started to cool off he perked up and started playing happily.







Eating not in Mama's lap is so sad

Tio Robert the baby whisperer

Ice chests make fun toys

"I hate cupcakes!"
Emmett couldn't have cared less about the presents and wanted nothing to do with opening them. Luckily I had a whole herd of helpers! Clara directed them and they took turns and did a great job! I never had to get up! The Little Guy had fun climbing on the boxes. We had a great time and Emmett is so blessed to have so many awesome people in his life!








Presents are good for climbing

And playing


The best family photo we could get


Fafa snuggles

No comments:

Post a Comment