Saturday, April 22, 2017

Clarita's Princess Party

It was no surprise when Clara requested a princess party for her birthday this year. I reminded her that she had originally wanted the same decorations Bailey had for her party, but she wouldn't budge. Luckily I was able to incorporate them in since they were pink and gold and I didn't have to do much work. I did make a bunch of princess decorations I saw on Pinterest (mainly to prove Tia wrong because she said I wouldn't make any of them) and I actually had fun doing so. I made the invitations in the form of various princess dresses and while it was a pain cutting them all out, Clara loved them and was sad when they had to be sent. I decorated balloons with mod podge and sequins, and despite being very messy, it was pretty easy and fun. I made a castle out of toilet paper and paper towel rolls which was actually not too difficult. Dada helped me make a castle out of a cardboard box which the kids loved. I even made a cutout of a mirror for the kids to take pictures in, but sadly forgot to put it outside. (Apparently I didn't take a single picture of the things I made).

Clarita helped me decorate and get things ready. She helped me tie wands on the the princess book favors and was actually a great helper. She choose the food (hotdogs, cupcakes, and cookies) and even came with me to the bakery to pick out the flavors. She was pretty pleased with the party and the decorations!






She insisted on wearing her Elsa dress and wanted Bailey to be Anna and Emmett to be Olaf. They were very cute while the costumes lasted. Emmett got to hot, and Clara took hers off at one point and then put a Snow white Costume on. I even got a Snow White costume for the occasion and Tia was Cinderella. Dada wore one of the kids' capes and his high school homecoming king crown. 






We had a great time celebrating our girl and are so lucky to have so many friends and family to shower her with love. The kids bounced away in the bounce house, decorated crowns, and had a great time playing. Lyla and Cooper even helped Clara open her presents and were great helpers! 










Needless to say, Clarita was spoiled rotten and got a million presents. She got a lot of princess dolls and princess themed presents and was in heaven. She even chose some toys to donate to make room for the new toys. It was a great day!





She had to do one of her crafts right after her party

No comments:

Post a Comment